Saturday, April 21, 2012

A Happy Day

To the left of this is a poll where you can vote on which brand I should feature next. A lot of them are companies from outside the US. I have a lot of untried polishes from them. So vote away!

The 18th was my birthday! I had a pretty nice time. I spent the afternoon in the city exploring and doing a little shopping. :) I kind of mapped out my day with Instagram pictures. I'm allibally on there if you would like to follow. I thought I would share my day with you through photo! See my NOTD here.

So I started my afternoon in the city by having a late afternoon lunch at Chick-fil-a. It's a great option to grab a quick lunch and some really tasty lemonade. They also have funny pictures decorating the place. Like this one where the cow is on the EL. ;)


 Then I proceeded to get back on the red line to get farther down state street. I conveniently ended up right outside the giant 4 story Ulta.


Where I promptly bought 3 bottles of shampoo on clearance for $1.99 each and some facial wipes that retail for $3.99. I ended up paying $7.10 for the lot of it. :) The wipes are awesome btw. They smell good, don't burn, and seem to be not irritating my skin.


Then I headed to Urban Outfitters. Where they had one color from the Models Own Beetle Juice Collection. It's Golden Green. They have this and two other colors from this collection on the Urban Outfitters website. Yes, it came home with me. They also had some other nail polish that was interesting.



Cute little sculptures. I'm fond of the owl ones.


After a little retail therapy I made my way down towards Millennium Park. Here is some of the stuff I saw on my way.


Newish Mural on State Street
Lightscape. The lights move in synch to the music.


Picasso Eye
Now I've reached Millennium Park. The first place I checked out was the Crown Fountain. It's these two pillars that have water featured in them and the faces change on one side of them too. I wanted to check this out again because they just turned the water on in the last few days. If you visit Chicago with kids go to Millennium Park at the end of your day or pack some extra clothes. It's too tempting to not get a little wet. ;)



Then the other thing to check out is the Cloud Gate aka the bean. It's a giant mirrored shape bean. Looks awesome and a popular spot for pictures.

Do you see me yet?


Here I am...


The architecture at the Jay Pritzker Pavilion is so neat.


The Wrigley Building



Chicago River



Marilyn

Birthday Frozen Yogurt.

At the Spanish restaurant Vera for dinner. It was delicious.

A interesting sticker. Google it... as it's an interesting website.



One of my birthday gifts was a Inglot palette. Love it so far.

Thanks for joining me on my birthday photo spam. :) You can see a picture of my NOTD here.

No comments:

Post a Comment