Wednesday, April 27, 2011

MNY - 661 & China Glaze - Cracked Concrete

Tuesday is a great holiday in Switzerland. The stores finally start opening up after the Easter break. Which means that all the Easter candy is 1/2 off! I went out specifically to hunt for some Lindt Chocolate Bunnies. I was also naughty and got some goodies from the MNY display

Check out how big that chocolate bunny is!
So the new polish I want to show off is MNY 661. It's a bright bright blue with an icy blue-silver shimmer. I used three coats for this manicure.


The application from MNY is pretty decent for the price. These are about $4 a piece. If you're not aware MNY is a branch of Maybelline that is geared towards teens and preteens.


After wearing this for the most of the day I wanted to add a bit of crackle to it. I think the weather today in Zurich was an inspiration for this. It switched back and forth between bright blue skies to gray. So I pulled out one of the China Glaze Crackle Glazes.


I popped one coat of Cracked Concrete to create this look. The first few times I tried the Crackle Glazes I was a bit unsure how I liked them. They are a bit more finicky than other crackles I've tried, but eventually I got the application down on this. You really need to make a thick coat to get the big cracks.


I like how the blue peaks through the grey! Any of you have good crackle combination's you like?

No comments:

Post a Comment