Monday, July 25, 2011

Essence - Wear Your Little Tutu / Water Marble

So at the moment the LE for essence is Ballerina Backstage. The polishes didn't really wow me too much, but I used to take ballet classes for 12+ years, so I wanted to pick something up. I chose the baby pink called Wear Your Little Tutu. Figured maybe I could find a nicer baby pink, then what I have in my stash.

Unfortunately, Wear Your Little Tutu is like most baby pinks and it needed four coats. It did dry nicely and I didn't have dents so it's worth keeping! I like that the color tone leans a bit salmon in color. There is also a little bit of pink shimmer, but it's hard to notice.


Two days later I was craving a water marble. I haven't tried one for almost a year.  I made a tutorial last August on how to do one if you're interested. This time instead of tape I used Vaseline on my fingers. I prefer the tape. The Vaseline was very messy and removing the extra polish with q-tips was a pain.

I used Wear Your Little Tutu as the base color and I watermarbled with the colors shown below.

OPI - Flower to Flower, Essence - Andy,  You're A Star, China Glaze - Strawberry Fields

I water marbled really fast this time around. It took me about 30 minutes start to finish.








I really like this color combination. Especially in this shot.


And the shot of the right hand never as good as the left. Doesn't help that my nails are shorter, I suppose.


What do you think? Have you tried a water marble manicure? Going to try it anytime soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment