Monday, July 11, 2011

Mavala - Blue Curaçao & CND - Gold Sparkling

I picked up Mavala Blue Curaçao at a local shop where I get most of my polish. Usually you find it at the fancy drugstores or the high end department stores. They had two different displays up one with more typical summer colors and the other with taupes and greys.  I only picked u this one as they are a little two expensive for my tastes at $6.50 for 5ml. FYI Mavala is a Swiss company based in Geneva.

Blue Curaçao is a bright aqua blue cream. It really applied nicely in two coats and the wear was pretty good. I took it off three days later and it still looked new.


Eventually, while wearing this as a manicure, I decided to spice it up a bit with two coats of CND Gold Sparkling.  Gold Sparkling came in a set with Silver Sparkling that came out for the 2010 Holidays. I was lucky enough to pick up this set at a beauty supply store for $5 back in February! That is a huge deal since it was retailing for $22


In the sun there are a few bits of holographic glitter that show through. But unfortunately I was unable to catch a sun shot. :(


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment