Friday, August 6, 2010

Water Marbling - First Try

To find my Water Marbling Tutorial head over here: Tutorial Water Marbling

Sorry about that lack of posting. I'm having some personal issues happening at the moment that took priority. Posting will be light this month.

A week and a half ago I wanted to try a new technique with my nails. I decided to try my skills at water marbling. It's a really painstaking and long process I spent about two hours on my nails. The process causes you to have nail polish all over your finger that you then need to clean up. I put olive oil around my skin to try and make the process easier. It works well, but I think I will try to tape next time.

The colors I used:
Base Color- OPI Done Out In Deco
Marble Colors - American Apparel Mount Royal, Hunter, and Factory Grey.

Here are the pictures from my first attempt.





2 comments:

  1. I really like the look of this! I have seen some other people that have done this and i would really like to know how. Would you possibly mind doing a post talking us through it? xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My plan is to eventually do a post about the process. But I wanted to give it a try first. The first go was very messy and trial and error. Would of been hard to photograph at that moment. I found a lot of tutorials on youtube if your looking to try it sooner.

    ReplyDelete