Saturday, May 14, 2011

Damaged Nails

My nails gave up and died this past week. To the point where I just cut the sole survivors down before they met the fate of the others. Basically, I'm dealing with severe peeling and thin nails. The thin nails are causing rips. My first finger on the right hand had the worst rip.

Here is my left hand. Not looking too bad. I just cut them pretty short. There is a bit of peeling on my first finger and all five nails are thin.


Since I'm right handed I'm not surprised at all by how much worse it is compared to the left. Lots of peeling and very thin nails.


This happens to my nails, maybe 2-3 times a year. For me, I think it has to do with the seasons changing and extreme weather changes. My last big issue like this happened mid-January when I went home to Wisconsin for a month. The first week there was just terrible to my nails. There was also a drastic change in the weather.  Went from 30-50 F in Zurich to -5-20 F in Wisconsin. I had the same problem happen last May when the season moved towards summer.


This is going to be the product I will be using for the next week under my nail polish or alone. There really isn't much to choose from in Switzerland in terms of nail treatments so I went with Essence Ultra Strong Nail Repair. I'll let you know if it makes a drastic difference or not.