Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Essie - Mint Candy Apple

Today I'm going to show off Essie Mint Candy Apple. This shade came out in winter of 2009 and I passed it up then without much interest. When I saw it on clearance at ASOS I decided it was definitely something I wanted. I have a few mint polishes but this was unique as it leans blue instead of the typical pale green. This needed three coats. The application was awful. Such a streaky mess with the first two coats, but luckily the third coat smoothed everything out.

This is taken with flash to show the blue undertone.

I can't really compare this with my other mints since they are back in my room in Wisconsin. I do have swatches of the mani's I wore.

OPI - Damone Roberts 1968
OPI - Hey! Get in Lime!
Catrice - Sold Out Forever! (Flash) 

I know the mint nail polish trend is a few seasons ago, but I still like it. Have you caved to the mint polish trend?

No comments:

Post a Comment