Sunday, October 10, 2010

Something Different Sunday's - The Essentials of My Make-up Foundations/Powders/Blush

When I started packing for my move to Switzerland I had limited space for make-up. I don't wear it often, but I seem to have a lot of it. I went through all my make-up before I left and tossed a lot of it and reorganized the rest into a big black caboodle train case. That train case was too large and heavy to bring with me so I picked out what I thought were the essentials to bring with me to Switzerland.

All my make-up fits into this bag that I got as a Clinique bonus.


Foundations/Powders/Blush...


I'll start with the products I use from Clinique.
- Perfectly Real Makeup I wear shade 2 which is the one of the lightest colors. It looks very natural on your face and blends really nicely with the beauty blender makeup sponge I use. I'm running out and could really use more so I might need to order some more soon. $23

- Line Smoothing Concealer This is my current under eye concealer. It works well and blends well, but I might try a different concealer from Clinique in the future. The color I use is Moderately Fair and retails for $14.

- Superbalanced Powder Makeup This is a good powder to use over a liquid foundation. However Clinique sells this as a powder foundation with moderate coverage. That's a lie it gives very little coverage and I can't even tell a difference when it's put on my bare face. The one thing I really like about this product is the grinder you turn to get the product out. It helps not have powder all over the place when you open it up. The shade I use is natural 2 and it retails for a steep price of $34.50.

- Redness Solutions Mineral Powder I suffer from extremely bad redness on my face. It's really awful, so I use this before I apply foundation to tone down the redness a bit. It works fairly well. If you click the link you can see that you get a pretty large container of this stuff which is why I have it in a smaller one. This retails for $32.50

Besides the Clinique products, I also use Bare Minerals products. I've been using the foundation on and off for about 6 years.






- Original Foundation I recently bought this after not using their products for over a year and a half. So I was pleasantly surprised that there is now a cap inside that allows you to close the product. Without it causes most of the product to fill up above the insert causing a large mess if you accidentally drop it. I've tried different foundations in my life, but I always keep coming back to this one. It's lightweight and blends nicely into my skin. The product last a long time and a little goes a long way. Large jars are $25.

- Mineral Veil This is the final step after applying make-up. It's translucent and minimizes pores. I've refilled this jar a few times because I don't want to carry around the full sized jars they sell separately. This retails for $19 and is the same size as the foundation jar picture above.



This is the one and only blush, I brought with me. It's a mini version of an old All-Over-Face Color that Bare Minerals use to sell.  I looked this color up and it is discontinued now. So you probably won't be able to get your hands on this. He's a similar product Trudy.


- Beauty Blenders Sorry, these are really dirty and I didn't have time to clean them. These handy little pink make-up sponges are reusable! Along with being reusable, they work flawlessly. This little sponge really blends in my liquid foundation fast and evenly. I bought these two in a set along with the sponge cleanser. If you buy this, make sure to get the cleanser too, it's smells really nice and it's gentle. I use it on my regular brushes too. I'll wash these up and show you how clean they can get some time soon. $19.95 - $39.95 depending on which set you get.

- Clinique Foundation Brush It's a good all over application brush. The one con is that it's really pricey at $30. Also, since I've bough the Beauty Blenders I haven't used it as much. If I was going to choose one over the other I would pick the Beauty Blenders.

- Too Faced Retractable Kabuki Brush If you use powder foundation, then you need to get your hands on this brush. It uses "Teddy Bear Hair" synthetic bristles. This is the softest Kabuki brush that I have ever felt on my face! It's also been the best one I've owned for applying powder foundation. It's priced at $32

- Bare Essentials Angled Face Brush I use this with the all-over-face color. It's just a nice angled face brush not much to it. It's priced at $20. I paid less as I usually buy Bare Mineral's gift sets that include brushes in them as it's a better value.

Check out Part One: Skincare here and Part Three: Eyes/Lips here.

No comments:

Post a Comment