Monday, January 24, 2011

Cult Nails - My Kind of Cool Aid

I've been a reader of Maria's blog R3Daily  for a few months now. I started reading right around the time that she announced the creation of her own nail polish line. I've been following along as she blogs about the process and was happy to hear that on January 11, 2011 the first color from Cult Nails was available for purchase. I ordered without hesitation and four days later My Kind of Cool Aid arrived to my house in Wisconsin. How amazing and brave was it for her to create her own nail polish line!


The bottle is a stylish round shape with a black cap. The brush works very nicely and you shouldn't have any problems with it. The Cult Nails logo is adorable. If I had taken a picture of the back of the bottle you will find all the ingredients listed. Her polishes are Big 3 Free which means no toluene, Formaldehyde and Dibutyl. Cult Nails polishes also do not contain Phthalate or Camphor. Along without those nasty chemicals the polishes are Vegan friendly. Maria also uses recycled and reusable packaging. She uses cotton balls for extra padding!!



My Kind of Cool Aid is an awesome lavender gray described on the Cult Nails website as "gravender." It's a gorgeous color with a tiny bit of silver shimmer that I had a slight problem capturing with my camera. The formula is buttery smooth and takes two coats, but looks almost perfect at one coat.


The last two pictures were taken in lower light and appear slightly darker.



Cult Nails retail for $10 a bottle over at their online store. The next two colors Iconic and Living Water will be available the 1st or 2nd week of February when the shipment arrives. You now able to pre-order them. I've made my pre-order now my only hope is that they arrive in time before I head back to Switzerland. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment