Wednesday, January 26, 2011

OPI - Katy Perry Collection

The OPI Katy Perry Collection is beginning to trickle into retail stores. Sunday I found the collection at Ulta and bought the two glitters and then yesterday at a Boston Store I grabbed the silver duochrome. I passed on getting the magenta one called The One That Got Away. I think I have enough similar colors in my stash. When I was at the Ulta on Sunday I ended up having to wait 20 minutes in the car before the store opened. The funny thing was that there were about 8 teenage girls waiting outside the door of Ulta for 15 minutes in 12F weather. I had no clue what was so exciting that you need to wait 15 minutes in the cold for the store to open. Well, when the store opened and I got inside they were all clustered around the new Katy Perry display. lol. Really!? The polishes are nice, but I'm not that obsessed to crowd in front of the store for it. haha.

Last Friday Night, Not Like The Movies, Teenage Dream
Last Friday Night is a sheer cornflower blue with bits of light blue iridescent hexagon glitter. I used four coats for my manicure and I still had a little bit of noticeable VNL. This polish is really thick and gooey. I love the glitter and the next time I use it will probably be over a light blue base.


Not Like The Movies is a silver duochrome there are flashes of pinkish-purple and green when you move your fingers around. The polish also has little specks of silver flecked glitter. Unfortunately, it's really sheer and I needed to use four coats. Sorry about the unevenness at the tips of my nails. I've been having problems with my nails peeling and with the polish being so thin it was hard to cover the patches.



Teenage Dream is a sheer light pink with little bits of pink glitter along with iridescent holo hexagon glitter. The formula is very thick and sheer so I needed four coats.


Along with the 4 regular shades OPI released they also released a polish called Shatter. It's a black crackle. I passed on it since I already own Barry M black crackle. I used the Barry M to show the look of these three crackled. It dries matte when you apply so I have pictures with both top coat and no top coat.


Last Friday Night
Last Friday Night
Not Like The Movies
Not Like The Movies
Teenage Dream
Teenage Dream

No comments:

Post a Comment