Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day

For awhile I had been thinking I would do a glitter gradation for St. Patrick's Day. I did this really late last night and I'm not 100% happy with the results, but it's not too bad for a second try. My first try was over a year ago and a complete failure.

My base color was Essence - I'm A Berliner. It's a shade of lime green. The color isn't exactly color accurate as I took this picture under light really late at night. It's a nice creme and I used three coats.


For my green glitter I used Color Club - Object of Envy. I can't really give good instructions on how best to do this right now. But what I did was many coats of glitter at the tip and then did about two very thin coats across the nail.



I enjoyed the look for the day. Going to try this sort of look again soon.


Have you ever done a gradation on your nails? First try the charm or are you still practicing?

No comments:

Post a Comment